An international Product Design Consultancy are seeking to recruit a Product Design Engineer to join their successful and expanding agency. The company is offering a 3 month contract with extensions...
An international Product Design Consultancy are seeking to recruit a Product Design Engineer to join their successful and expanding agency. The company is offering a 3 month contract with extensions based on performance, market leading pay rates, competitive payment terms and international travel opportunities. Based near Dublin you will work closely with exciting blue-chip companies such as Google, Panasonic, Abbott, Philips, HP and Samsung to develop innovative medical devices and consumer electronics.
As Product Design Engineer will you be responsible for:
* Development of whole products as well as mechanisms and sub-assemblies.
* Performing tolerance analysis to ensure high quality robust design of complex mechanical systems and components using tools such as FMEA, QFD and computer simulation
* End-to-end project management of multiple projects from concept through to manufacture.
* Rapid prototyping, functional lab testing and analysis of test data.
* Work with external manufacturing partners and other suppliers.
To be successful in this role you will have:
* Proven experience as a Design Engineer or Mechanical Engineer.
* Qualified to degree level in either PhD, MSc, MA, MEng, BA, BEng or BSc Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, Product or Innovation Engineering.
* Experience in medical devices, consumer electronics or household/kitchen appliances.
* Proven experience in developing plastic injection moulded components and enclosures for mass manufacture.
* 3D CAD (such as ProE, wildfire, CREO, solidworks, solid-works).
In return you will receive the following:
* £30-45 per hour (depending on experience).
* 3 months initial contract with likely extensions based on performance.
* Flexible working.
* 5 day payment terms.
In addition to the formal package the company promote a strong team ethics through team activities and social occasions. The offices are based on the outskirts of Dublin near a stunning coast line with excellent pubs and social activities. The team are extremely welcoming so any new employee will feel at home in no time.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, click the “APPLY NOW” button below and we’ll be in touch.
Please note: Any reference to salary or pay rates in this advertisement are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy