If you are a structural engineer with diverse work experience and a passion for designing projects then this could be the opportunity for you. Our client would like you to join their team and use...
If you are a structural engineer with diverse work experience and a passion for designing projects then this could be the opportunity for you. Our client would like you to join their team and use your expertise to help them deliver exceptional designs on a diverse range of commercial and government projects.
You will have a chance to participate in every step of the process, from initial design to final unveiling, and you will be working with a team of experts dedicated to finding the most innovative solutions to challenging project requirements.
They currently have a requirement for a Structural Engineer to join their growing Engineering Group. The ideal candidate will be looking to further their career and gain invaluable experience in the company.
* Design structural components for medium and large-scale projects, including analyzing survey reports, topographical maps, zoning restrictions and client requirements to ensure specifications meet project goals
* Review blueprints, plans and change orders to verify structural integrity of materials and designs, and perform complex calculations and use modeling methods to ensure correct results
* Participate in initial planning and bidding processes, including reviewing environmental factors, government regulations, constructions costs and risk analysis reports to prepare comprehensive study on all relevant design factors
* Research existing and new material technology to determine practical applications, strength and durability expectations and cost-benefits information, and prepare material recommendations for current and future projects
* Create and present structural overviews for upcoming projects, and develop reports that include technical details for engineers as well as big-picture analysis and cost estimates for project managers and senior executives
* Use AutoCAD and other drafting software programs to create 2D design documents and 3D models for individual components and overall structural plans according to client needs and project requirements for deliverables
* Prepare documentation for private and government clients covering project plans and progress, change orders, environmental impact findings, ownership transfers and other relevant information
Job Skills & Qualifications
* Bachelor’s degree in civil or structural engineering, plus minimum of five years of relevant work experience
* Proficient with AutoCAD
* Decisive with excellent critical thinking skills
* Good written and verbal communication abilities, including preparing and giving presentations